Predictive Trends of Network Technology
Network technology advancements are key game changers in the information technology industry as they define the workflow from storing to sharing of data. The technology continues to witness new advancements and trends that are evident to restructure the network industry.
• Software-defined networking vendors will gravitate towards smaller and near end projects instead of huge data centers one. Providing service for project efficiency rather than data center efficiency will rise due to the lack of interest in data centers. Also, the cost investment for data center remodeling will be huge.
Check out: Top Networking Companies
• SD-WAN market will continue to strengthen but as most of the leading organizations have already been acquired; SD-WAN vendors will need a strategic approach to sustain. SD-WAN is a feature or service, not an industry that could be scaled, therefore, its vendors will have to continue to modify their approach and come up with competitive price for an edge.
• Multi-cloud vendors will become prevalent in the proximate future. Although, this increases the complexity for organizations as no single vendor is able to provide all cloud services, still, features like flexibility, lower risk of DDoS, better data management, and cost-effectiveness will assure it to trend.
• Decentralization of structure will continue to expand as edge computing has gained popularity and is being preferred over data centers. Edge computing benefits high computing speed, less data traffic, and enables speed up decision making.
• Deep penetration of IoT-enabled devices in the industry will be observed that will lead to a scenario of huge volumes of data. This might result is slowing down of decision making as to find better correlation last data point arrival will be awaited.
• The moral drawback of technology will allow cybercriminals to harness cutting-edge artificial intelligence (AI) for conducting advanced data breaches. On one hand, AI is being used for advanced cybersecurity and on the other cybercriminals will leverage the tech against it. Malicious chatbots, biometric hacking, and advanced vulnerabilities will become new challenges security vendors and users.
• Technological advancements and business goals have a huge gap in middle because of the complexity that has aroused. Intent-based networking system (IBNS) will soon mark its presence as a solution in the industry. IT will have to connect technology with business goals as a result IBNS will become mainstream and will be widely adopted across the industry.
Recognizing Bare Metal Switches
Nomadix Launches New Gateway to Support Hotels with High Speed Fiber Internet
By Chris Tjotjos, VP, Cisco Solutions Practice, Black Box...
By Laura Jackson, Sr. Manager-Risk Management, ABS Consulting
By Jason Cradit, VP of Information Systems, Willbros Group
By Steve Garske, Ph.D., Senior Vice President & Chief...
By Roman Trakhtenberg, CEO, Luxoft
By Renee P Wynn, CIO, NASA
By Mike Morris, CIO, Legends
By Louis Carr, Jr., CIO, Clark County
By Andrew Macaulay, CTO, Topgolf Entertainment Group
By Dominic Casserley, President and Deputy CEO, Willis...
By Dave Nelson, SVP-Portfolio Lead, Avanade, Inc.
By Michael Cross, SVP & CIO, CommScope Holding Company Inc.
By Pauly Comtois, VP DevOps, Hearst Business Media
By Dan Adam, CIO, Extreme Networks
By Matt Schlabig, CIO, Worthington Industries
By David Tamayo, CIO, DCS Corporation
By Scott Cardenas, CIO, City and County of Denver
By Marc Kermisch, VP & CIO, Red Wing Shoe Co.
By Brian Drozdowicz, VP, Digital Services, Siemens...
By Les Ottolenghi, EVP and CIO, Caesars Entertainment